Q. What can cause a contact NOT to show that they've opened an email?
GMail, Yahoo, and many other ESP's often do not show images in an email unless a person clicks a link saying it's ok to show the images. If they don't click that link and images are never shown within the email then it will not track the message as being opened. Also, if the email is not an html email it will not track the message being opened.
Q. Can we use our own dedicated server to host your software?
Yes, however, our software requires very specific server configuration. It is fine to use your existing dedicated server as long as it has to be setup to meet these configuration requirements. There would still be a setup fee to setup your server so it uses our control panel rather than using it's own. For example, if your server uses CPanel or Plesk this will need to be removed as our control panel conflicts with it.Why Can't We Use CPanel, Plesk, etc., But Must Use Your Control Panel Instead?
Our software includes features such as the ability for each member to have their own email, for members to import and host their domains, and for members to use subdomains (exa: username.yoursite.com). These features require the software to use our custom control panel to manage apache, bind, postfix, dovecat and other software on the server that is traditionally managed by software such as CPanel.
Using our control panel has the following benefits:
- No need to pay higher hosting fees for CPanel or Plesk seats.
- The ability for our workers to easily access your site while on a task for you but the security that they cannot access when not working for you.
- The ability to use our backup system which is improved over backups done by traditional control panel software.
- The ability for us to quickly upgrade your site to the newest version of our software for free.
- Performance enhancements as your server is configured specifically for our software.
- Security enhancements as in addition to security settings we use like disabling FTP and requiring sFTP, our control panel is custom, not open source, and uses the policy of having all doors locked except for the doors specifically used (in contrast to most control panel software having all doors unlocked to allow for greater flexibility without them understanding your specific needs).
Q. What can we do to improve our email delivery rates and prevent getting blacklisted?
- Establish a good email reputation by not sending out emails that could be considered spam and by not sending emails too frequently. The more useful an email is, the better.
- Have your Members follow the whitelist instructions to whitelist your domain name. Possibly provide a reward for them doing it if possible.
- Ask your Members to open each email they receive, and not delete without opening, as it is suspected that many ESP's (Email Service Providers) monitor these actions.
- Do not send emails which only contain images, but no (or very little) text. This is seen as being a sign of spam by many ESP's.
- Limit how often OR how many emails your Members can send.
- Learn more about improving email deliver.
Q. Does the software do pre-recorded phone auto-dialer responder delivery?
With the SMS Marketing Tool
it is possible to upload mp4 files and have it call Contacts/Members and play the audio when the person answers the phone.
Q. With a dedicated IP what can I do to improve email delivery rates?
The IP would allow you to start building your own reputation for sending emails. There are several things that can be done to help email delivery. The largest factor is your reputation (what percentage of the emails you send are read vs marked as spam).
Also, getting members to whitelist their email with their email service provider (Yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc) helps. Also, we can setup Sender IP, DKIM, and apply for whitelists with providers that allow it. Most providers require a 3 month history before applying. Return Path (returnpath.com) offers email certification which helps with delivery with many providers. They charge $200-$500 annual fee, plus a setup fee, and require you to have a history of 3 months of emails being sent.
Q. I'm concerned about blacklisting of your auto-responders IP,what are you doing to provent this from happening? How or what is the deliver ability of the emails that are sent out by your auto responder?
Q. Is it possible to use a third party email delivery service (SMTP) with the system?
Question Keywords: delivery, shared server