Added: 03/08/2012 | Updated: 1 Year Ago
OverviewThe Order ProcessHow Payment Buttons WorkAdditional FeaturesLimitationsMember VariablesOverview
Direct Payment allows member to receive payments directly. This makes it so there is no need for the admin to send payouts to members of commission earned. With Direct Payment visitors who order will make separate payments to each party being payed.
Direct Payment is a part of the Commission Tracking Tool. This tool must first be installed to use Direct Payment. Also, Direct Payment requires a Pro version of our software and will not work on a Team system.The Order Process
- A visitor goes to the "Create Account" page (your-domain.com/join/~username~) and fills out the form to create their account.
- After the visitors fills out the form a suspended account is created and they are directed to a page prompting them to make payment to the admin (if the admin is being payed).
- After they have paid the admin they are prompted to pay their sponsor.
- After paying their sponsor they are directed to make payment to their sponsor's sponsor if it is setup for 2 tiers.
- After all parties has been paid the member is marked as approved and then redirected to their members area
How Payment Buttons Work
- If they attempt to view their members area before finishing payment they are redirected to to the payment page.
- If they stop during the payment process, the next time they log in they are taken back to where they left off.
- Payment buttons are setup as member variables.
- An member puts the details for their payment button on the "My Personal Info" page. For example, with PayPal a field appears asking them for their "PayPal Email".
- If you as the admin have added the ability for members to use more than one payment processor, then members can put their details for each payment processor offered and buttons will show for all the payment processors. For example, an member can have both a PayPal and Payza button allowing the visitor to use either one.
- If a person does not add any value for any payment processor then no button will show on his page and people will not be able to order from him/her.
- The title of the member variable related to a payment button MUST be title a specific way (see below). DO NOT retitle any member variable related to a payment button.
- Members are able to mark that a payment has been received manually. This feature can be turned off/on under Advanced Features.
- Direct Payment can be used in combination with different tracking methods (regular, 1-UP, etc.).
- RollUp Payments- RollUp payments are used when you have multiple memberships at different price points for your members to choose from. When rollup payments is on then an member can only receive payments for the amount that they paid their sponsor when they signed up. Any additional amounts is passed up to the next person in the upline that has paid a package equal or higher in price than the package being purchased. The amount that is passed up is called the rollup.
- Example: First lets say we have members A, B, C, and D. Now (to keep it simple) every member is paying 50% of their package price to their sponsor no matter what the price of the package is. First, A signed up for a package that costs $1000 and he signed up directly to the admin so the admin receives the entire $1000 payment (no sponsor). Next, B signed up under A for a package that costs $100. B makes a $50 payment to A and a $50 payment to the admin. Next, C signed up under B for a package that costs $500 and makes a payment of $250 to the admin, a payment of $50 to B, and a payment of $200 to A (notice that B only receives $50 and not the full $250). Last, D signed up under C for a package that costs $1000 and makes a payment of $500 to the admin, $250 to C and $250 to A.
- When RollUp Payments is on the admin MUST belong to the most expensive member package and must be approved and marked as paid.
- With Direct Payment you can only have up to 2 tiers of payment (except for rollup payments which extend until complete).
- With Direct Payment you can only do one time or monthly payments. There is no support for quarterly or annual payments.
- With Direct Payment you are unable to offer trials.
- Direct payment ONLY supports the payment processors listed in the Member Variables section below.
In order to add support for payment buttons for a merchant you will need to setup member variables for that merchant. We can set this up for you as a support request. Below are a list of the member variables that need to be created for each payment processor listed below:Payza
Payza Security CodePayPal
Solid Trust Pay Username
Solid Trust Pay Subscription IDEgoPay
EgoPay Store ID
EgoPay Store PasswordPayza Setup Instructions
This must be done by EVERY affiliate using Payza:
- Login to Payza.
- Go to 'Business Tools' and under 'Instant Payment Notification IPN' select 'IPN Setup'.
- Set 'IPN Status' to 'Enabled'.
- Leave 'Allow Encrypted Return URL IPN' as 'Disabled'.
- Set the Alert URL to
- Copy the 'Security Code' from Payza to the 'Security Code' field on the left.
- Leave 'Test Mode' set to 'Disabled' and click 'Update'
Questions And AnswersWhen using Direct Payment, how can a sponsor manually mark someone in their downline as paid?
With direct payment if we do a monthly PayPal subscription and the customer cancels will the software automatically suspend?
With Direct Payment where would the sponsor go to mark people as paid?
With Direct Payment is it possible to set up where the admin is the one only that can mark anybody paid?
With Direct Payment where would the admin go to mark Members as paid?
Every time I click on NO for software is free when I open misc again it's back to yes this is free. How come?
Is Solid Trust Pay supported when using direct payment?
With Direct Payment is it possible to allow Members to pay first then after payment create their account?
With Direct Payment is it possible to collect name and email only and have them create account with name, address etc in (my personal info) after they are inside?
With Direct Payment when the "RollUp Payments" is set to "On, (Members cannot receive more than their membership level)", how does that work?
How do I add a SolidTrust Pay button with direct payment turned on?
When using Direct Payment, if I add a new membership how can I add an option for visitors to order it?
How do I create a direct payment button?
Take the "Direct Payment" Quiz