By default PayPal IPN is enabled. It is only turned off if you have previously turned it off in your PayPal account. You can verify it is off if there is no record in the access log when a PayPal payment is made.
To turn on the PayPal IPN follow the instructions below.
- Login to your paypal Business account
- Go to Profile -> My Selling Tools
- Select Instant Payment Notifications -> Update
- Click choose IPN settings
- Select receive IPN Messages and leave Notify URL empty then click save
It depends on the payment processor as some payment processors will retry the credit card on another date. Once the payment processor stops retrying the card and the membership is cancelled in their system they send a notification to our software which suspends their account as if they had canceled.
A member cannot belong to more than 1 membership. Instead, you can setup so each membership has different content.
Then make the membership that the member upgrades to include all the content from the member's original membership.
You can do this by setting up content groups and attaching them to content.