By default PayPal IPN is enabled. It is only turned off if you have previously turned it off in your PayPal account. You can verify it is off if there is no record in the access log when a PayPal payment is made.
To turn on the PayPal IPN follow the instructions below.
- Login to your paypal Business account
- Go to Profile -> My Selling Tools
- Select Instant Payment Notifications -> Update
- Click choose IPN settings
- Select receive IPN Messages and leave Notify URL empty then click save
Yes, you can start preparing items before making payment. We won't actually start on the project until payment is made, but we can start collecting items and let you know questions/issues, so once payment is made we can complete things quicker.
There is a setting under advanced features where you can choose to either have them suspended or to have them downgraded to another membership. Also, you can specify to have them suspended on the date their subscription would have renewed instead of instantly. The default for these 2 settings is to have them suspended instantly.
If they are suspended:
- It will show suspended on the members page:/admin/members
- When they login they will be redirected the the suspended page and asked to make payment to renew their membership subscription.
Yes, it will suspend them. We caution to be careful if you have more than 1 tier, or an admin payment because the person gets logged out when only 1 of their possible many subscriptions is canceled.