By default PayPal IPN is enabled. It is only turned off if you have previously turned it off in your PayPal account. You can verify it is off if there is no record in the access log when a PayPal payment is made.
To turn on the PayPal IPN follow the instructions below.
- Login to your paypal Business account
- Go to Profile -> My Selling Tools
- Select Instant Payment Notifications -> Update
- Click choose IPN settings
- Select receive IPN Messages and leave Notify URL empty then click save
Yes, it will suspend them. We caution to be careful if you have more than 1 tier, or an admin payment because the person gets logged out when only 1 of their possible many subscriptions is canceled.
You can modify new downline notification, new commission notification without any issues. You should not turn test payments on except if you are doing a test payment. While test payments are on real payments will not work and vice versa.