, for it to track properly it should be created inside of the software.
However, once created in the software, then you can go and copy the code and place it on a different site.
By default PayPal IPN is enabled. It is only turned off if you have previously turned it off in your PayPal account. You can verify it is off if there is no record in the access log when a PayPal payment is made.
To turn on the PayPal IPN follow the instructions below.
- Login to your paypal Business account
- Go to Profile -> My Selling Tools
- Select Instant Payment Notifications -> Update
- Click choose IPN settings
- Select receive IPN Messages and leave Notify URL empty then click save
First, you will need to setup a member variable
- When logged in as the admin go to "Member Variables" (/admin/membervariables).
- Add a new member variable titled "PayPal Email".
Fill the form on the right side of the page
After you've done that, members can then go to their profile page (/admin/profile) and put their PayPal email there.