It depends on the payment processor as some payment processors will retry the credit card on another date. Once the payment processor stops retrying the card and the membership is cancelled in their system they send a notification to our software which suspends their account as if they had canceled.
A member is suspended when their payment is canceled. Our software is notified by an IPN when a subscription is canceled and the member is suspended immediately. There is a setting that can be turned on to have them suspended when their next payment would have been due, but by default this is turned off, and this should be used carefully because it will suspend anyone that doesn't have a payment record.
No, member variables do not search upline if the parent is suspended, but instead shows the variable the parent has set, or the default if they do not have anything set.
- Clicking suspend/activate link from /admin/members
- If direct payment is turned on there are several ways
- If "Cancel Subscription Action" is set to "suspend on the date the next payment would have been made" then it can do it if next bill date isn't in future
- If a payment fails or a subscription is canceled
- If you have authorize.net set to ARB