Added: 07/24/2010 | Updated: 1 Year Ago
Page Installation Overview
There are many ways to install a page including options that require no technical expertise.
Capture Page vs Landing Page
When installing a page you need to decide if the page is a capture page or a landing page.
- Capture Page Any page that has an optin form.
- Landing Page Any page that does not have an optin form.
Example of a Landing Page
A landing page does not have to be a thank you page but can be an entire website (Home, Products, Prices, etc).
Example of a Capture Page
A contact us page would be a capture page even though it is not a "traditional" capture page.
The difference between a landing page and a capture page is whether or not it has a form on it.
Things You can do Without a Tech
Videos and Video Tracking
Adding Editable Video Content
Wizards and the Page Creator Tool
The page creator tool includes wizards for creating pages as well as many other tools for pages.
Paying Us to Install a Page for You
Often it is easier to pay us to install pages for you. Especially if you already have your site that you want to replicate setup somewhere else. You can either send us a zip file of the page or the URL of the page and we will install it for you for a small fee.
Technical Resources on Installing PHP Pages
In order to install a page you need basic PHP knowledge. If you do not have PHP knowledge you can hire us to install pages for you. If you attempt to install a page and have issues, we can correct any issues with your installation as a support request.
If you are very good with details and following instructions you can try yourself without php knowledge.
2 Step Installation Process
Every page that is installed must have a php file uploaded
through the file manager as well as added as an option in the members area
- Members Area - Every page added first needs to be added in the members area. This should be done first so you can know the filename and page number of the page you are installing. Click here for further instructions on how to add a page in the members area.
- File Manager - Every page added needs to have a php file uploaded for it through the File Manager. The php file needs to have specific php code added to it. In the "Types of Installation" section below you will find more details on how to create php code. Click here to learn how to use the File Manager.
Types of Installation
There are several ways to install a page. The page can be installed so that it can be edited
in the members area, or installed where it isn't editable
in the members area. The page can be installed as a capture page
or as a landing page
Installing an Existing Page
If the page you are installing is already turned into html you will need to convert the code to PHP. When doing this, we have specific PHP code which must be added to the page. Learn more about converting an existing html page to php
Installing A Blank Editable Page
You can install pages which are completely editable using the WYSIWYG editor in the members area. We do not advise doing this if you are not experienced with HTML or you are allowing your members to edit the page. It is easier to mess things up when the entire page can be edited with the WYSIWYG editor. It is typically better to make several editable sections than having one large editable section.Blank Capture Page
- If everything inside the page, including the form, can be edited from within the WYSIWYG editor then it is a blank capture page.Blank Landing Page
- If everything inside the page is editable, and the page does not have a form, then it is a blank landing page.
Installing a PhotoShop Design
If the page you are installing has not yet been converted to HTML we have two methods we use for turning an image (PSD, jpg, etc) into a page. Our examples are for installing a capture page. Landing pages can be installed using the same processes, just remove the code for the form.
Graphical Capture Page
- A page that has a large image (exa: 800x800) with a fixed width/height and all the content is inside the image. These pages may have editable sections added anywhere.
Editable Capture Page
- A page that has a header, a footer, a background, and an editable section in the middle that expands as you add content to it. With an editable capture page only the content in the middle is editable through the WYSIWYG editor, and you cannot edit the header or footer with the WYSIWYG editor.
Useful HTML Tips
Cross-Browser CSS Coding
Tips for making your pages compatible across all browsers.
The DIV Tag - An answer to many issues
Tips on how to use a div to do almost anything and ways to take div to the next level.
A quiz on css to help you brush up on your css knowledge.
Understand CSS Positioning
Learn how the position property works and how to use relative and absolute position.
Questions And AnswersIs there a cost for adding additional blank capture pages to my existing software?
What are the changes to installing a page for v4.94?
If I upload my replicating websites do I need to add any PHP code so that the web pages replicate for my members?
How do I send you my landing page that I had designed for me?
Are the sign up page and welcome page subject to the usual HTML editing?
Do I own the rights to the software and code once I purchase?
To make the home page for my software redirect to another site do we put the url in "advanced features->misc->home page action url"?
Can I use your software if I already have my capture page complete without using your templates?
Does the online ordering automatically provide the multi site discount?
I'm having some pages built on my own and I need to know if I should use the form code from the html form code generator page?
If I have webpages built in WordPress, can they be installed into my software onto your server?
How much do you need down to start building our site and how long does it take to complete it?
Does anything changes in the setup or coding of the pages when I change the pages, in ADMIN panel under ADVANCE SETTINGS, from Capture pages to Landing Pages?
Can you install PLR products for clients?
What is the proper way to enter a Bad Username Action?
Is there a way when a visitor enters a bad username in their url to have it go to a specific Member?
How do I assign a page to a content group?
How do I make an image or icon with a rollover effect that shows a download icon on top of the image?
How do I add an image CAPTCHA verification to a capture page?
Take the "Page Installation" Quiz